Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 24, 2009

We went over to a friend's house for a splashy, picnicky get together today. Suki's trying to catch some bubbles!

Kate immediately set to work at the water table while Scout and Natalia played nearby.

Suki gets a hug from Emmy.

Grace had another fall that hurt her leg this morning, and I'll be honest, she started off surly and lashing out this morning. This did not help matters, and she had a tough time at the get together today.

Kate reaches for a toy at the water table.

Grace and Gracie watching the bubble machine.

Suki is always ready to jump in and play with the big boys. I was reminded of this photo from eleven months ago several times today!

Kate and Suki at the water table.

Grace, Suki and Kate at the little pool.

They had lots of fun splashing together.

Emmy came to splash for a little while.

Then it was lunchtime. My girls shared a table with Ariella.

I was glad Kate forgave me for scratching her cheek -- it's worse looking in person than in this picture. She was falling from a picnic table to the concrete patio and as I reached to catch her my thumbnail nicked her. At least she didn't hit the concrete, right?

Suki was undeterred in going up and down the slide.

Grace admires the Curious George cup while Kate chomps down on a plastic cup. I was horrified to find shards of plastic in her mouth, on her arm... what a nightmare. I never realized this would happen with a plastic cup and now there's one more thing to keep an eye out for...

It was a tiring morning, with all the mischief the girls got themselves into today but it's always good to see our friends.

Three bonus videos from tonight:





No comments: