Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 18, 2009

Kate's now so good at climbing into chairs and is practicing her couch climbing.

She is just so pleased once she's up there.

Hey sisters, check this out!

Miraculously, she can even climb down safely now. I can't tell you how many times I raced across the room to catch her head in the palm of my hand as she tumbled to get to this point.

Then we went to the play place at the mall to meet up with Grace's preschool friend, Anu. It's all plane themed, so it went perfectly with our week.

Suki checks out the nose.

Grace climbed in and out of the windows.

Kate practiced her standing at the... runway? Glider catapult? Spare plane part that fell off over Ohio? I don't know what this is.

Anu, Suki and Grace all tackle the wing in different ways.

Sweet friends. The two of them were moving their arms in a synchronized way, like a dance that you can do while you're sitting and eating fruit snacks. They've really missed each other.

The play place was -packed- on this rainy morning, it was challenging keeping an eye on all three of my girls.

After this we shopped (but did not buy, a concept I am so grateful that my girls understand) at Claire's, a store that all four girls love. Then we went on the merry go round (a feat I cannot manage on my own with Grace, Suki and Kate because they do not find the stationary bench an acceptable alternative to a horse and my holy heck, there are three of them and I only have two arms. With Sheetal's help I was so glad that I could say "yes" to them today.). Then we had lunch together and said goodbye. It was a wonderful way to spend a long morning.

And the morning ended the same way it began, with Kate climbing in and out of the chair!

No comments: