Friday, April 09, 2010

April 9, 2010

Some farm "artwork" before our trip.

Giddy.

Busy!




Kate loves playing with this can opener and seeing the gears turn.

Supposedly keeping Kate company while I set up the double stroller.

Checking out the chicks at the little farm.

Baby pigs!


And baby sheep and goats!


What a bunch of toughs.



Patting the sheep.



The allure of the smokehouse, with the fire burning within.


Hello, horse!

Suki and Grace heard a lecturer speaking about the life of a dairy cow and settled right in on the benches with the rest of this kindergarten class.


So thrilled to be tailgating.

Here's another chapter in my ongoing story, My Children: Have I Met Them? A friend of a friend was offering this gorilla for free and I knew Grace would love it. When we went to pick it up though, Grace freaked out. I mean, sobbing in the car and talking about leaving it in the middle of the road. It was just too good, too much to handle. I put it on the lawn when we got home while I set to moving a branch from the front yard and of course Kate was interested in it.

Grace was angry and wanted to move it so she could give it to someone else.

Meanwhile, Suki had dragged the branch all the way over the gate, where it was a wee bit wedged.

We moved it to the back and tossed a few leaves around.

We came back and found Grace bringing the gorilla into the house -- it's very large and very heavy but she did it.

She and Suki checked it out.

A few minutes later we were enjoying our chip and dip party and the gorilla had joined us.


Grace just loves this guy now. I knew she would, it's just tough getting through the initial crazy.

No comments: