Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28, 2009

I was astonished to discover that reverse psychology still works on Grace, who ate a forbidden banana with greater relish than I'd ever imagine. She cackled the whole way through it.

Kate loves beads, I suspect it's because Suki does so much. She's also eager to identify ducks. The things my girls are going to grow up believing are important in this world maybe a touch skewed from what the rest of the world believes.

Suki stirs some bead soup.

Grace thinks it is hilarious to put this button between her toes.

So sweet.

Peek a boo.

Suki loves her Kate...

...and this is how she shows it, in one of the many Suki-unique hugs we see around here.

Peek a boo, but disgruntled.

Curly Kate.

So happy!





These girls delight in jumping from ottoman to chair.


I love how Suki looks to Grace to see when they're going to jump.



Kate tries to get a sunbeam.

Serious about copying circles.

Excited about coloring.

Envious of Grace's juice.

Delighted with her own.

Grace was very good at figuring out what number should appear in each blank.

If she wanted help figuring out how to draw the numbers, she looked to the wall clock.

So pleased.

All done!

What proved surprisingly difficult was the concept of more and less. I couldn't believe how tough this was to convey.

Peeking.

Preliminary addition. My girl loves a worksheet as much as her mother did years ago, and by that I mean: a LOT.

The grumpy old troll peeks out.

Back to the beads for Kate.

Kate passes shells to Grace.


Funny sisters.

No comments: