Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16, 2009

Kate looks on enviously as Grace plays with the music player.

Trust me, this was a tickle.

Woe unto my children, today I dragged them to an outdoor concert and the farmer's market. You can just see the misery on Grace's face.

Kate and Suki ignore the music and rustle through my bag for some puffs.

Suki pulls out a book, too, so she can be entertained.

Luckily, we ran into some friends while we were there -- Grace's school friend Ally and her mom, neighborhood friends Jo and Sam, Amy and her two adorables, and then Sue, Will and Ava. Here, Will's just been thwarted from making a plastic cup into a hat for Kate.

I've never seen Kate actually in Suki's lap but that was what was happening here.

Suffering in silence. Kate managed a bit of dancing but that was about it.

Kate practiced her walking.

We got some peaches and Japanese plums and zinnias at the farmer's market and then headed home. We enjoyed some popsicles in our front yard to cool off and calm down after a warm busy morning out.






This was certainly the best (and easiest!) part of our morning. You'd think this would deter me from attempting a concert again but I bet it won't.

Also, I had to share stories about two super helpful girls. Suki wanted to switch up the set of blocks she was trying to stack last night and so of her own volition she started singing a clean up song, picked up the first set of blocks and put them away before taking out the second set. I was astonished.

And at the end of every play period (so right before naps or bedtime at night) we encourage everyone to take their last drinks and put their cups in the refrigerator. Grace and Suki have this down cold but last night I was hollering in the kitchen about how everyone should put their cups in the fridge right now and along comes Kate. She toddled in holding her cup, marched over to the refrigerator and put the cup on a shelf. And once again I could not believe my eyes.

I don't mean to leave Grace out of these tales but she is already such a helpful girl and she did not have any big breakthroughs yesterday.

No comments: