Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010

Sweet Grace hasn't been feeling well these past few days, missed school yesterday and then this morning complained about ear pain. We'd had such difficulty kicking her most recent ear infection, going through several rounds of antibiotics and I worried it might have come back. So off we went to the pediatrician. Luckily, she just has a bad cold and the pressure on her ears was what was causing the pain. Nothing could ease my pain at having to take all three to the doctor's office, though -- they start off so well but you know where boredom will lead these three.



Outside, Suki wanted to go see the pond -- this duck waddled up and got very close to my three, I'm sure he was hoping for a handout but I knew if we started tossing crackers we'd have more company than I'd like. So instead we practiced slow and smooth movements so the duck would know we were friendly. Suki was so excited she just couldn't help jumping up and down a few times and she got to see how the duck turned skittish and started walking away whenever she did so.

This was as far away from me that Kate got -- I knew if I gave that girl any more leeway she'd be tackling the duck right down to the ice.

Back at home, she practiced her running down the road.


Suki and Grace are in a rocket ship!





Chasing Kate again.


Oh how she loves to run!

Back to school tomorrow. For sure. This time I mean it!

No comments: