Thursday, May 07, 2009

May 7, 2009

Today was a very special day for Grace and me -- her class invited the moms for tea after a short presentation. I was thrilled to go!


Here you can see the class filing in.

Here's half of Sam, Anu, Zoe, Grace, Charlie, Anna, Ashlyn, Joseph, Teagan and half of Andrew. It was the best I could do without leaning back into the lap of the mom behind me.


Here's the presentation the class made to all of the moms -- they were just adorable.

Grace and her friend Anu enjoy some treats. After the presentation, Grace came to me and asked me if I'd like something to eat -- it was so sweet -- and then helped me make a beeline for the buffet of treats.

Zoe rounded out this happy trio.

Grace was very gracious about sharing some pink lemonade with me. She was just unbelievably sweet today.

Grace spotted the little friend I'd stowed in my bag and cuddled her gorilla close.

We had so much fun together this morning.

Then we went down to the Butterfly classroom and saw the two butterflies that emerged from their chrysalides just this morning. Did you know there was blood and let's just say "other substances" that emerge along with the butterfly? I had no idea until today.

Because they emerged so close to Cinco de Mayo, they were named Dora and Diego.

That mesh makes it mighty tough to get a decent shot of a butterfly.

Kate and Suki had lots of fun with their dad while we were away.

Suki stirs her bangles.

No comments: