Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18, 2008

Looking forward to her drop off at preschool.

Suki's handling drop offs better, thank goodness.

She's still a little muted, though.

Grace runs out calling "Hi Mom and Suki!" Her teachers, Miss Colleen and Miss Carolyn both told me today how well she's doing adjusting to a classroom environment. We are so proud of our Grace.

Then it was off for a picnic lunch with our friends Zach, Zoe and Cynthia! Kate was there but napping at the end of the table.

Racing over to the riding equipment "just like in her book" with Zoe.

Can you even believe that there was a duck to ride on? We could hardly believe our eyes.

Grace cuddled it before riding on it.

It just kills me that I didn't get a better video of her on it than this -- she really was in bliss

Suki loved her time on the fish/shark too.




Suki on the shark/fish.

Sisters riding together. They did an amazing job sharing and taking turns with other kids.


Suki took off, climbed up some playground equipment and went down this big spiral slide all by herself, without even my encouragement. This park is absolutely perfect for my girls.

In a tunnel. My girl was fearless today on the playground, scrapping with big kids about whether she should be allowed in the tunnel and taking turns on the slide with children 3-4 times her age. She's a force to be reckoned with -- if treated fairly she's sweetness and light, but if brushed aside as a little kid she holds her own. I love watching her.

These are both self portraits from school today. Miss Colleen cracked me up when she remarked that Grace doesn't miss a trick, she's so observant. And of course I loved hearing that they think she's smart and well behaved but what I like best about talking to her teacher on the playground today (they were at the park for a school activity with the afternoon program, we had no idea they'd be there) was hearing how much they seem to enjoy Grace. I am so happy with this school and the people there.






Some catch up pictures of Kate outside.

No comments: