Tuesday, October 06, 2009

October 6, 2009

Grace's homework: decorate the pumpkin to look like a jack o'lantern! I love how it came out.


























Suki was thrilled when she realized a woman at the playground spoke Chinese -- Suki said hello, counted to five, talked about how happy she was and said "thank you" and "you're welcome" all in Chinese and I am here to tell you that lady could not have been more surprised to hear these words coming from my little Sook.


Grace picked this flower for me at the playground -- so sweet!


Grace admires her book club books, Hands Are Not For Hitting and Where's My Mummy? (both Grace picks).





You can try to pose three girls but if you ask them to pose for a picture, this is what you might get. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Two stories about two tricky girls:

I gave Suki a big push, Kate a big push and then sat down on a swing myself because I was very tired. Suki asked for another push and I asked her to wait just a minute because I was resting. So she told me she wanted to get down and when I went to lift her from the swing she told me she did not want to get down, she just wanted another push. Charming... and she got another push.

Then, before naps, Grace took noe of Suki's red dogs and was cuddling him. Suki claimed him as her own but Grace said she wanted to keep him, and then Suki snatched the dog away. Grace looked at her and pitifully declared that she had just wanted to give Suki the dog herself. Suki said "ok" and then gave the dog back, anticipating Grace to bestow it at any moment. Instead, Grace clutched the dog close to her with a certain look of triumph. Suki tried to grab it back but Grace had a very firm grasp on it this time. Naturally, I got the dog for a tricked Suki.

No comments: