Thursday, August 07, 2008

August 7, 2008

This morning we went to another one of the wonderful outdoor concerts on the town green.

Suki looks at the band.

A very sleepy Kate.

Grace loved watching but did not want to leave the comforts of the stroller.

So cute!

Suki approaches the crowd. We like staying in the shady area to the side of the green especially for Kate's sake but the girls can run around as they like here. Suki is so charming meeting new friends.

Watching and making sure the duck gets a good view.

Just as Suki ran up to join these big boys in their soccer game...

...their supervisor showed up and put an end to the game.

Watching as the ball goes away.

I'm always wary of bringing the most beloved animals out with us, but Suki did a great job keeping her dog safe.

Sleeping hard.

Enjoying a rice cake from our friend Sarah.

Dancing with the duck.


Some sideways dancing!

Today I had one of my scariest moments as a parent. This comes a bit hard on the heels of yesterday's drama but apparently the fates are not smiling on me this week. We went to the library right after the concert and Grace was cuddling the library's gorilla and reading in the stroller (naturally). We were following Suki as she meandered around the library. At one point, we weren't able to make a corner as quickly as I'd anticipated. Suki ran down an aisle and we were stuck trying to navigate our gigantic stroller in a narrow spot. When I got to the end of the aisle, Suki was nowhere to be seen. I looked for her for about ten seconds before I got the woman at the information desk involved. I told someone else at the circulation desk I needed help a minute later when we still couldn't find her, and shortly afterward ran into Sarah and pleaded with her to find Suki. All four of us were running in different directions trying to find the girl and it was several minutes before Sarah found her looking at some books quietly in a corner. Suki was fine and very calm and didn't even realize she'd been missing. I immediately got all teary and choked up and then popped the girl right in the stroller. We left after I'd caught my breath and I just now realized that I failed to thank anyone except Sarah for helping me look. This week is taking years off my life, I swear.

No comments: