Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22, 2010

Today we sent in the thank you notes that the girls made for their teachers and the aides in their classrooms. First, here are Grace's -- this was the first year she was able to take care of the whole endeavor on her own, from creating the card to crafting her message and writing it inside.

Suki created the art for her card and dictated her notes, then signed her name inside.

Later in the morning, I was straightening up and discovered this cartoon Grace created in a fit of pique a couple of days ago. I can't remember why she was angry with me but I do remember her telling me that she was putting an unkind note on my door and asking her to remove it. That girl just cracks me up.

Crafting at Suki's holiday party.

Eating pizza with her friends Jack and Gracyn.


Time for cupcakes!


Showing off some more coloring. This was a very large, very loud party and the girls were sometimes on the verge of being overwhelmed, but at the end, both said they'd had a good time.

Catching snowflakes on the way to the car.


After a driving nap and kindergarten pickup.

Catching snowflakes on their tongues.


Excited to hear the doorbell ring to announce Kelly's arrival. Speech therapy is always such a highlight of the week for Kate.


Grace gave her gift to David and me before dinner. She was just so proud of what she'd made at school that she couldn't resist telling both of us at separate times what was inside the paper.

I love this picture frame -- what a great idea.


Suki opened her gift from her teacher, Miss Liz. Kate was not all that happy that there was no gifts in her immediate future.

Suki admires her new book and stuffed penguin. She showed significantly more interest in the book, though, and the penguin wound up off to the side before long. I took Suki aside and told her that if she wasn't very interested in the penguin she might consider giving it to Kate. Suki was delighted to find a way to make her sister happy and immediately brought it over to her.

Kate triumphantly holds the penguin aloft. What a sweet and generous way these girls have. I was so proud of all of them.

No comments: