Tuesday, October 07, 2008

October 7, 2008

I came across these two having so much fun together tonight.




I took a little video but it's kind of wild, with Kate interrupting a bit.

Hoping I can read while driving. I've memorized so many of their books at this point that I can often pull it off.

Pretending she's the cat in the hat.

Suki requested a trip to the playground so we went after running a few errands. Kate napped while we played.










Time to get Grace!

She had a story about one of the teachers picking her up while on the playground and a quick call to Miss Colleen helped bring more of that story to light. Grace's teachers have seen some of the same manageable opposition that we've seen at home, meaning that while she tries to establish how much control she has over a situation, she responds quickly to someone saying no to those attempts. Grace didn't want to come in from the playground and Miss Colleen told her she would need to pick her up if she didn't join the line. Grace waited to see if she was serious and I'm glad that she was. Grace cheerfully joined the line and remained in good spirits for the rest of the day.

I was so glad to have that talk with her teacher -- she spoke about Grace's friendliness, her intelligence and called her "just darling." Music to my ears.

Helping gorilla dance.

Pointing out our house.




Some baby smiles in the driveway.

No comments: