Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008

Checking out the giant ark of animals by the road.

Suki loves the car.

A quick snack in the car.

While Suki waited she asked to get down from her car seat. She immediately started saying the same things I say to Grace at preschool drop off: Careful! Hold on tight!

She was so pleased to be standing up there with me, it makes me wonder if her occasional morning tears are sometimes because Grace gets a turn doing something cool and new in the car with me and she does not.

Grace did not have a good end to the school day today. She was tired this morning and then she bumped her head right before I arrived and then, heaven help her, Miss Carolyn tried to hug her to comfort her. And so, in a move that I never would have anticipated a few weeks ago, she remained in the school and refused to come out. When I went to get her, a classmate was nearby -- I tried to preserve her dignity by offering to let her walk to the car but had to pick her up when she refused. What a morning.




My sweet little Kate.

A sleepy girl before her nap.

No comments: