Tuesday, August 22, 2006

August 22, 2006



As excited as she was to have a peach (slice) today, Grace just would not eat it while I was watching! She'd only take bites if I turned my back -- it was hilarious. Here's a quick video of how to not eat a peach.

In other big news, Grace went for her first real shoe fitting today. She had a fun time and was very cooperative with the fitter's efforts. Sometimes she doesn't like for me to put her down in new places or with new people, but something about this store set her at ease. She was so cute, putting her foot up in the air for the woman to help with her new shoes, helpfully calling out "too big!" if they didn't fit.

Two cute Grace phrases to hold you over:
From yesterday -- After she said something clever, I asked her, "Are you smart?" She looked me right in the eye and said, "I Grace." Good point.
From today -- I reminded her to say thank you to the pharmacist who'd given her a sticker. Instead, she looked at the pharmacist and said "I welcome." She is very self-assured -- the girl just cracks me up.

No comments: