Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17, 2007

Grace absolutely loves the holiday movie My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas. I know. But she loves it. Anyway, one of the songs in the movie has the lyrics "That's what I love about Christmas, hard to believe that it's almost here." As you may know, Grace loves modifying books, nursery rhymes, songs, etc. with her own nouns. All of this leads up to the explanation for this picture -- this morning, as Grace took her breakfast on the floor she started singing, "that's what I love about toast, hard to believe that it's really here" so earnestly that David and I couldn't help but crack up.

Grace and I headed to the mall today to exchange some pants. Exciting stuff around here, people. Grace did such a great job with sitting in her stroller and being so patient! She especially loved the mirror in the dressing room.

After the pants episode, we went to the play area. This is an oft seen face in the play area as she tries to avoid running into or being run into by other kids.

This is the closest Grace has ever come to actually playing on some of the equipment in the play area. I was very proud. She even put one foot up on this structure! It's teeny steps toward actually playing on things and climbing that I look for and today she did just great. Even better was the way she interacted with the other kids, including big kids, loud kids, kids who were a little pushy. I hang back a lot during her interactions with other children unless Grace is actually upset and I was very proud of the way she dealt with both her peers and the "big kids" (anyone over the age of 4) today.

Three pictures of my wee Irish bairn, Suki.

And three of a little Gaelic Grace.

Wandering the grocery store just before dinner.
----------------------------------------------------------
Finally, please keep us in mind (and in your prayers if you're a prayerful sort) because tonight is our first night of sleep training with Suki. As we did with Grace, we're using the No Cry Sleep Solution. At 10 pm, we've only had two wakeups and are feeling tentatively positive. Keep your fingers crossed, please.

No comments: