Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16, 2010

We opened the big craft jar that Grace gave Suki and had hours of fun with it this morning.


















The "sick day" call was an iffy one, but maybe we can say that my intuitive call was the right one -- after an hour or so of crafting, Grace was exhausted and after putting her head down on the table a few times she asked to go lie down.


She had her eyes closed for a while, but this time when I went to check on her she was back to smiling.

Tandem drawing.

We've been reading Suki's pop up Lion King book much more lately and today we watched some of the songs on YouTube. Basically I'm feeling these guys out to see when they'll be ready for a Disney movie, and many of you know my extremely conservative views on this kind of thing. Anyway, I was away briefly dealing with house selling shenanigans and figured they would wait for me when the song was done -- but these girls are pros at clicking away and finding what they like. I allow it if I'm in the room with them and they're on the Nick Jr or PBS Kids sites, but YouTube is a completely different sort of thing and so when I came back in the room I told them they were not allowed to do that. Grace understood but Suki became very huffy. And all of this is a very long way to tell you how it came to be that I snapped this photo right after I'd been told "No, Mom! I will be the movie woman now!" That girl cracks me right up.

No comments: