Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February 6, 2007

Today we went to storytime at the library with our new friends Beth and Mia. No photos from the actual storytime because I didn't want to freak the other moms out or anything. Grace has never been in a setting like this, with 15-20 kids and their moms, having to sit in a circle and listen to a stranger. I brought her in and helped her sit, but I also had Suki in the carseat. She sat perfectly while the leader got things ready... but then she pulled out the first book, I Kissed The Baby. You may recall how Grace loves that one. Well, she was up and off like a shot. She went right up to the leader and tried to take the book from her hands. At this point I wasn't sure what to do... the leader was telling Grace that everyone was going to hear the story, that Grace should sit and listen (she said it sweetly, though). I walked over to Grace, touched her shoulder and asked her to sit and listen, and to my shock that's just what she did. For the rest of the session, she sat at the front, in the middle of all these strangers and listened to songs and stories, only checking back over her shoulder for me once. Amazing.

Reading a book afterward.

Browsing the stacks.

Most of the time there, Suki was asleep...

...but even when awake she was fantastic. It was a great outing, and a good way to just get out of the house.

Grace paid a visit to Suki in the swing.

Suki was fussing, so Grace went over to the swing.

She picked up the pacifier and tried to put it in Suki's mouth. It was so sweet.

She actually managed to get it in, and right side up. I love the look Suki's giving Grace here.

No comments: