Wednesday, March 05, 2014

March 4, 2014







From David:

I was worried that Grace would be upset because I couldn't take her to Math & Science night at her school. My uncle just died, and I was asked to provide the eulogy.

Me: Grace, you know that your great-uncle Earl just died.

Grace: Yes.

Me: And I have to go to South Carolina and give a speech that celebrates his life.

Grace: Yes.

Me: And this means I won't be able to attend Math & Science night with you, but your Mom will. I'm sorry, but your PaPa and Granny need me right now.

Grace:

Grace: Dad, I think people are more important than math & science. You've gone to all my math & science nights, and Mom can go to this one. You should go to South Carolina, celebrate Earl's life, and make PaPa and Granny feel better. We can go to the next math & science night together.

No comments: